Friday, December 27, 2013

Life Knowledge Lab

For the life knowledge lab, we had to go to our cooperating school and teach a life knowledge lesson from National FFA.  I always have a hard time selecting life knowledge lessons because there are so many and it seems i can never find the perfect one.  After looking for awhile though, i found on on mutual interests and selected that one because i thought it would be a valuable lesson from it.  At James Buchanan, there are a few different close knit groups of students.  The groups get along when need be, but don't go out of there way to be over friendly.  I thought it would be a good lesson to help them see how they can help each other better and have more interaction.  I was going to go down on Tuesday, December the 10th to teach, but after leaving at 5:30am, I got a text at 6am from Mr. Hoffeditz saying that school was canceled due to snow which was nice because then I was able go to AEE 413 with Dr. Ewing.  He wanted me to come down the next day, so i went on the 11th but had to miss a mandatory work day in lab where everyone got to work on whatever projects they wanted.  For some unknown stupid reason, I have to make that lab time up by doing a video because i had to miss the lab for a requirement for the very same class.  Its not like I was just skipping to go hunting, which I much would have rather done, or for even another class.  I didn't even make it back in time for the last class of AEE 350.  Anyway, I ended up going down to James Buchanan on Wednesday and taught my lesson to the last two classes of the day.  It went fairly well, but I ran out of time in each class and had to cut stuff out to wrap up on time.  I also got a good dose of classroom management as well because the students were really hyper all day and Mr. Hoffeditz had a hard time with them.  He thought it may have been because of getting their fruit delivery on Monday and the students having off due to the snow on Tuesday.  All in all, it was a good day at JB with the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment