Sunday, December 1, 2013

Micro Teaching at Central Mountain with Mr. Bohnert

I completed my micro teaching unit at Central Mt. High School with Mr. Bohnert.  The class i taught was a capstone course of Ag mechanization for seniors.  There were only seven kids in the class for the first and last day and eight on the second day because the eighth student did a work co-op.  Because it was a small class and they were seniors, they weren't all that eager to learn which made it kind off hard for me as the teacher.  The unit i taught was a short three day unit on irrigation.  It was a good unit to teach because the students didn't no know a whole lot about irrigation at all.  I taught a lot with PowerPoint which is what the teacher had recommended.  I also had a few fun activities for the students to do as well but only got to one of them.  I was amazed at how the time while teaching flew by so fast each period.  Time management is one thing that i have to work on to be a better and more effective teacher for my students.  I also learned that you have to be prepared and comfortable when using technology in a different environment.  I wanted to show a YouTube video but the schools web server doesn't allow it.  It all worked out well because still had plenty of information that i didn't get to the first day.  It was a great opportunity to micro teach because it helped me get my feet wet and prepare me for what student teaching will be like and what i need to do to be a better and more effective teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment